Join one of Australia's oldest, largest and most renown law firms, excelling in every area of legal practice. If you are invested in your professional growth, this is a terrific opportunity to progress your career with a first-tier Intellectual Property practice that continues to grow under the leadership of two of the most well-respected practitioners in their field. The firm's culture emphasizes mentorship, diversity, and collaboration, and fosters a positive and inclusive culture.
- Provide trade mark services and advice on registration and enforcement issues for a wide range of industry sectors including food and pharmaceuticals, banking and finance, technology and IT, construction and major infrastructure, advertising, hospitality;
- Provide trade mark prosecution services and advice to a range of our pro bono clients.
- Advise on the adoption of new brands and re-branding strategies including undertaking clearance searches.
- Act on trade mark applications including preparing submissions replying to official reports issued by IP Australia.
- Assist in the management of international trade mark portfolios.
- Prepare and manage oppositions and non use actions, draft evidence and brief and instruct counsel
- Draft co-existence and licence agreements.
- Provide advice on IP aspects of due diligence and related corporate transactions
Skills & Experience
This role would suit a specialist trade mark lawyer or a trade mark attorney looking to step into a leading IP focused practice and who is interested in furthering their expertise and experience in trade marks.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- a minimum of 3 years' solid experience working in a trade mark practice;
- a sound knowledge of trade mark law.
- a conviction that your career will be advanced by providing strategic commercial advice on matters concerning trade mark law.
- experience using Improtech software and databases would be advantageous.
For more information, contact email@example.com
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.