Our client, a top 20 law practice in Central London is currently seeking an experienced Trade Mark Attorney to join them on a permanent basis. This law firm are "full-service" however have a particularly strong reputation within Intellectual Property, with Trade Marks being a core specialism within the IP practice area.
The successful Trade Mark Attorney will be fully qualified with at least one years' experience gained in a full Trade Mark Attorney role, preferably from either another top law practice, or a specialist Patent & Trade Mark Attorneys, but In-House experience will also be considered.
This exceptional law firm has a highly regarded IP practice with over 50 lawyers, attorneys and specialist support staff practising in this area and are recognised in Chambers, Legal 500 and WTR for a number of IP related fields including trade mark filing and prosecution, IP litigation, advertising, brand management, sport and media and entertainment.
They offer a varied client-base in respect of trade mark prosecution ; however, advertising/marketing, retail, fashion, entertainment, automotive and sports make up the core focus industries
The successful Trade Mark Attorney will ideally be at least 1 PQE (with upwards flexibility available and the ideal hiring benchmark being 2-4 PQE) but will also be a key part of a hard-working, friendly and supportive team; therefore, the ideal candidate will be a strong team player and have experience working in a high performing and collaborative environment.
The successful Trade Mark Attorney will:
- Have experience being the primary point of contact on Trade Mark matters for clients, providing them with strategic advice and overseeing work for them.
- Have solid UK, EUIPO and international experience in dealing with trade mark searching, filing and prosecution, portfolio management, due diligence and disputes.
- Have experience in litigation, domain name dispute and commercial contracts (would be an advantage).
- Open to work in other areas of IP such as advertising.
- Be commercially focussed and have a problem solving approach.
- Be keen to engage in business development, and have demonstrated a track record of developing relationships with clients and prospective clients.
If you are a UK/EU qualified Trade Mark Attorney currently seeking a new role, this position offers a unique opportunity. This law firm offer a brand name which will open numerous doors around the IP industry as well as offering clear and obvious progression for the right candidate.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.