For our client, one of the leaders in its industry (Payments), we are looking for a Senior Privacy Officer to join the legal team at their office in Amsterdam.
About the role:
This senior position, covering the EMEA region, contains a diverse range of responsibilities. This is a broad based in-house legal role primarily focused on providing data protection and regulatory support in the EMEA region. You will provide legal advice and counsel to business units within the company on a wide variety of issues that arise in the context of regulation in the information technology and payments services. As such, the role offers the successful applicant an opportunity to work with global privacy issues (with a focus on UK and EMEA region) including the opportunity to also work on a diverse range of regulatory and compliance issues.
- You are a fully qualified as a common law lawyer with an undergraduate qualification to a good degree standard from a leading university;
- You have a minimum of 5 years' post qualification experience in the practice of law in a high-quality law firm or in-house environment, and possess a solid understanding of data protection issues;
- As a baseline, you have specific experience with privacy and data protection laws, including GDPR;
- You have familiarity with, and strong interest in, financial services technology, mobile and alternative payments, as well as emerging technology;
- You have experience providing risk-based and pragmatic resolution of outstanding privacy and data protection aspects of commercial negotiations, leveraging in a quick, concise and commercially focused legal advice;
- You also have strong analytical and advisory skills, including the ability to review and evaluate multi-faceted issues and counsel business colleagues on complex legal questions relating to various business matters;
- Relevant technical certifications, such as a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) or other relevant certifications preferred.
For more information, or to apply, please get in touch with Yalcin Cetin via email@example.com.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.