For Braskem we are currently recruiting an experienced Employment Counsel to be based at the European Headquarters in the centre of Rotterdam, The Netherlands. In this role you will mostly focus on The Netherlands, Germany and Singapore.
Braskem is a Brazilian chemical and petrochemical company that stands out for being the largest producer of thermoplastic resins in the Americas and the world leader in the production of biopolymers. We are present with industrial units in Brazil, Mexico, the United States and Germany and currently have 8000 members worldwide. People are at the centre of Braskem' s growth strategy. We believe in and value human beings, their potential, and their desire to develop.
About the role:
For the Europe & Asia Legal team in Rotterdam, Braskem is looking for an experienced Employment Counsel. The Employment Counsel provides legal advice (opinions, contracts analysis and business modalities) to the business and supporting areas in respect to labour and social security matters and manages compliance risks. In this role you will work closely with Compliance, P&O, Payroll, Legal Departments in all Braskem regions and external lawyers.
* A Dutch master's degree in law;
* Substantial work experience in a major law firm or international corporation;
* Knowledge to provide legal advice (opinions, contracts analysis and business modalities);
* Labour law background (experience with a Multinational Group is a plus);
* Pro-active self-starter, who can work well independently and in a team; willingness to learn;
* Speaking: Fluency in English and Dutch (required) / German and/or Portuguese (differential);
* Writing/Reading: Fluency in English and Dutch (required).
The SR Group (Germany) GmbH is acting as an external recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.