Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
Negotiable; Commensurate with Experience
CU SA Canberra_1567660153
9 months ago
This is a unique opportunity for a Senior Lawyer/Senior Associate to join the Public Sector team of a top tier national law firm's Canberra practice.
This busy and varied role will see you have the opportunity to:
- Work on a broad range of high profile:
- ICT and complex procurement (including vaccine & equipment procurement) matters as well as strategic transactions including contract management
- Intergovernmental agreements
- Corporate structuring including governance advice
- Cyber security & data security
- Represent clients including government departments and agencies as well as private sector bodies and NGOs on complex legal transactions
- Develop your client relationship skills through various client secondments
- Provide advice under the guidance of industry-leading practitioners
- Draft a variety of contracts, agreements and memoranda across a broad range of requirements
- Provide advice on strategic structuring for transactions
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- At least 4 years PQE
- Proven experience in public sector and administrative law, and commercial litigation matters
- A strong work ethic
- Strong commercial drafting experience
- Understanding of judicial means of challenge to contractual decisions, exercise of rights and performance of obligations
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills required for building client relationships and maintaining a positive team environment
- A team player attitude with strong time and project management skills
In addition to this, the firm is looking for a resilient, self-starter, someone who is able to work autonomously and is focused on attention to detail and providing an outstanding service to the firm's clients.
The Public Sector team
The firm's National Public Sector group is widely regarded to be the premier private government practice in the country and has a wealth of talent and experience within the team.
The team helps Commonwealth and State Governments with some of their most interesting, significant and technically challenging programs and projects. They use their skills to solve complex legal problems, assist with the development and implementation of program strategy, and inform policy development. As part of this innovative team you will be working across major national, government, and global clients, all the while collaborating with some of the sharpest legal minds in the industry.
As Australia's leading independent law firm, the firm's culture has been built by innovative thinkers. They are the driving force behind the firm, and if you choose to be part of the team your expectations will be challenged every step of the way.
The firm is looking for individuals who will thrive under its spirit of independence -- dynamic personalities who can collaborate, innovate and strive for success within a collegiate culture. In return the firm will work to help build the career you've always wanted.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.