Our client, a prestigious international law firm, is currently seeking a Senior Associate with strong Intellectual Property (non-contentious) experience to join them on an initial 6 Month FTC.
This is an exciting opportunity for any experienced Associate / Solicitor / Lawyer to provide non-contentious intellectual property (IP) law advice to this law firms clients, largely in support of their commercial and technology, corporate finance, finance/banking, real estate/built environment and litigation/dispute resolution practices. Client sectors will include: technology, property/PropTech, financial services/FinTech, consumer retail, sport, entertainment, hospitality and leisure (including hotels).
In order to be considered for this position, the successful candidate must be:
- Minimum 5/6 years PQE.
- Exclusively or very largely private practice background in a comparable or niche IP firm (but if the latter, with the ability to operate in a large, full-service law firm).
- A demonstrable track record of delivering high quality non-contentious IP advice.
- Non-contentious IP specialist with a deep knowledge and experience of:
- The full range of IP rights (including general patentability, but excluding patent clearance and work that patent attorneys would usually undertake),
- The application of those rights in a wide range of transactions and situations, including structuring, ownership, assignment, licensing and other exploitation, and management of IP rights to enable owners to claim and protect them and exploit their commercial value. (We do not expect the appointee to undertake trade mark and patent management that would usually be undertaken by patent and trade mark attorneys.)
- Experience and openness to working with clients across a range of sectors.
- Track record in a client facing role and managing those relationships.
If you are a qualified Associate / Lawyer / Solicitor that meets all of the criteria as listed above, please get in touch!
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.