This role lis suitable for a Senior Associate looking for a challenging opportunity to join a top-tier firm with a market-leading IP & Technology practice. Join a high-performing team with a strong growth strategy and a determination to remain market leaders in IP litigation across a wide range of industries, including telecommunications, media and technology. This role will see you working with some of the firm's (and Australia's) largest clients.
A leading independent Australian law firm, the firm has a culture that has been built by innovative thinkers who are the driving force behind the firm. If you choose to be part of this team, your expectations will be challenged every step of the way.
The firm looks for individuals who will thrive under its spirit of independence -- dynamic personalities who can collaborate, innovate and strive for success within the firm's collegiate culture. In return, the firm will work to help you build the career you have always wanted.
The Intellectual Property and Technology team
The firm's Intellectual Property and Technology team is one of Australia's largest and most experienced specialist groups and works at the forefront of rapid regulatory and technological change.
The team's Australian and international clients include fast moving goods companies, government agencies, telcos, television and radio networks, content providers, private equity firms, banks (international and local), pharmaceutical companies, sporting bodies, online service providers, new media companies, print and digital publishers, and IT software and equipment suppliers and their users.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- 5+ years' PQE in a first-tier Australian (or overseas, English common law jurisdiction) legal firm
- Extensive commercial litigation experience (IP specialisation is desirable but not essential)
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and an ability to communicate with impact to both internal and external clients and staff
- A commercially pragmatic mindset and a proactive working style
- A relatable disposition, and a client service focus
- An aptitude for finding creative and unconventional solutions to complex problems
In addition, the firm is looking for a resilient, self-starter, someone who is able to work autonomously and is focused on providing an outstanding service to his or her clients.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.