This is global financial institution that is gradually expanding its presence in the region, looking for a new addition to the team supporting the Head of Legal based here in Singapore.
- Using the Bank's templates, prepare facility, security and ancillary documentation for the Bank's corporate banking business in accordance with credit approvals and internal policies;
- Where loan documentation is prepared by external counsel, supervise the provision of legal services to the Bank and ensure acceptability of all legal deliverables;
- Provide timely and reliable legal advice to the business on legal risks arising from transactions;
- Review service provider or vendor agreements entered into by the Bank in the ordinary course of its banking business;
- Assist in the corporate secretarial filings of the Bank in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia; and
- Assist and support the Head of Legal on special projects.
- A Commonwealth-qualified banking and finance lawyer with 3 - 5 years PQE. A Singapore-qualified lawyer is preferred;
- Minimum 3 years' work experience as lender's counsel in a reputable law firm. Familiarity with loan and security documentation (for both bilateral and syndicated loans) is essential;
- Strong written and spoken English communication skills;
- Knowledge of ISDA Master Agreements is an advantage but not essential;
- A team player with an inquiring mind, who is meticulous, resourceful, adaptable, able to provide feasible solutions and a self-starter with good interpersonal and stakeholder management skills; and
- Previous work experience in a bank or financial institution would be an advantage.
To comply with local laws, our Singapore office EA Licence No is: 17S8475.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.