The commercial lawyer will have strong transactional experience to work closely with the sales, marketing and product teams and other business groups within the company and its affiliate companies on contract matters particularly in the UK but also across a number of international territories including the US.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drafting, negotiating and finalising standard and complex commercial contracts (including, but not limited to, client/customer agreements (including MSA/Framework agreements and Statements of Work), technology/IT agreements, partnership agreements, NDAs and vendor contracts) across all teams and divisions of the business in the UK and worldwide and providing ongoing support to the relevant teams and divisions, as necessary
- Creating new and updating existing standard T&Cs/contracts to be used across the business worldwide and rolling out standard deal term parameters to all business divisions company-wide
- Creating a clear contracting legal playbook for how the business interacts with legal
- Integrating and standardising commercial contracts on all newly acquired businesses (post M&A)
- Managing data privacy, compliance and regulatory matters for the company and working with the DPO and external counsel, as necessary to ensure all necessary policies, procedures, processes and training is in place
- Having a thorough understanding of GDPR, data protection and privacy matters so can effectively draft, negotiate and finalise commercial contracts that sufficiently protect the business
- Provide advice and guidance on data protection and privacy matters, to internal stakeholders, as necessary
- Providing legal support on transactional, corporate governance and compliance activities and policies, including ensuring compliance with applicable advertising and marketing guidelines and law
- Providing support and day to day legal advice to the Company's group of companies and various business units in the UK, US and worldwide
- Providing support to the General Counsel on any business issues across the organisation, ensuring that legal risk is effectively managed, and that compliance is maintained with all relevant regulations, while seeking to promote and defend the interests and reputation of the Company
- Researching and analysing various legal issues
Essential Skills and Experience:
- The successful candidate will:
- o Have expertise in drafting and negotiating complex commercial contracts, ideally within an advertising/marketing and digital/tech environment
- o Knowledge and expertise of data protection and privacy laws and regulations, including GDPR implementation experience
- o Excellent understanding and familiarity with legal/licensing concepts such as intellectual property, technology, data protection and privacy, limitations of liability, indemnification etc
- o Commercial mind-set and be constantly seeking solutions
- o Have superb attention to detail, administrative capabilities and drafting skills
- o Strong decision-making ability
- o Highly motivated and collaborative self-starter
- o Be able to juggle the reactive legal needs of a business whilst putting into place key legal processes and playbooks
- o A proactive approach to mitigating future legal risk
- o Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to interact effectively and work diplomatically with individuals at all levels within the organization
- o Willingness to master new and unfamiliar areas of practice
- o Appreciate the different demands of in a start-up environment, particularly the need to prioritise commercial decision making
- o Be motivated by the Company's growth mission
- o Computer Skills, including Microsoft Office, Google Suite
Our cultural values
- We are one team. We care for others and make them feel like they belong. We communicate openly, set clear expectations, encourage each other/others to listen, have fun and celebrate our colleagues.
- We have a growth mind-set. We own and learn from mistakes, see problems as challenges. Bring joy, passion and optimism for learning and growth to work.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.