This is a unique opportunity to join WElink a newly established in-house legal team and gain hands-on experience in corporate, real estate, construction, finance and commercial law, in a multi-cultural work environment whilst providing support accross all of the organsiation's business units.
The role is very varied with the prospect of the right candidate to drive the role in accordance with their career path but will include the following to start with:
- Supporting in M&A transactions;
- Supporting in construction/project financing transactions;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating corporate, real estate, grid connection, planning, construction and commercial contracts for solar projects in Italy, Spain and Portugal;
- Co-ordinating and assisting in the litigation of disputes and claims
This is not an exhaustive list and a successful candidate, who is able and willing to progress, will be given the opportunity to take on additional responsibilities.
The position may be based in Manchester, London and potentially fully remote working for the right person if necessary.
Please note that whilst the majority of the transactions will relate to energy projects in Italy, Portugal and Spain, the documents will, in the majority of cases, be drafted and negotiated in English.
- Qualified solicitor
- Prior experience in at least two of the following areas of law: (i) energy, (ii) corporate, (iii) commercial, (iv) real estate or (v) construction;
- Demonstration of willingness to work in a highly transactional fast-paced environment;
- Demonstration of interest/ability to interact with multi-cultural teams;
- Prior experience working in-house desirable but not necessary;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Time-management and prioritisation skills;
- Excellent attention to detail and diligence;
- Positive, 'can do' attitude;
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills;
- Commitment and desire to see a project through to completion;
- A working knowledge of at least one European language (preferably Italian or Spanish) is desirable but not necessary.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.