A leading Insurance organisation is looking to appoint a Head of First Party Claims in London.
You will be responsible for facilitating and fostering a collaborative approach across the team to learn, share ideas and diverse perspectives, and develop ways of working to best meet the challenges of their clients. This individual will have the primary responsibility for the performance, development, and management of the First Party CTLs, and in conjunction with those CTLs, their teams.
From a technical perspective this will be achieved through the proactive management of claims, at the individual and portfolio level, to optimise spend and achieve high levels of satisfaction for the client and broker through high quality claims management, resolution, and excellent client service.
From a people perspective this includes the responsibility for supporting and facilitating the ongoing growth and development of claims capabilities across the First Party team and the proactive training, mentoring, and development of staff.
Duties will include:
* Work closely with the First Party CTLs and trading team heads to achieve integrated claims and underwriting business plans for the team, including the coordination of annual claims product team business plans in support of the Underwriting Committee business planning process.
* Share and develop best practice both within your claims team and where relevant with other Heads of.
* Work closely with First Party CTLs and Underwriters to share information, coordinate on strategies, product development, and maintain consistent approach.
* Proactively oversee management of high-profile claims from a severity, complexity, or client/broker relationship perspective, investing the necessary level of involvement.
* Manage actively direct reports including overseeing their individual performance throughout the year and as a part of the semi-annual appraisal process.
* Lead for Claims in relation to London Market claims activity.
* Work proactively to develop and manage strong relations with key brokers and clients.
* Work to imbue a continuous improvement culture within the team leveraging standardised processes and shared service functions as appropriate.
* Collaborate with other Heads of to ensure consistent claims handling approaches.
You will have extensive first party experience ideally with at least 5 years legal experience, combined with London Market Experience. You will have strong leadership skills with the ability to influence and manage a team of professionals, the ability to review existing processes and procedures and make recommendations for improvement. Experience of claims management guidelines, claims processes and systems is essential. You will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, acting with independence whilst being part of a supportive and collegiate culture. You must have the flexibility and drive to support a multidisciplinary team with a commercial outlook.
If the role is of interest, please get in touch!
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.