A global investment management company seeks to appoint a Funds Lawyer to be based in Edinburgh. This niche team is dedicated to the UK Trust & Depositary Business and forms part of the larger asset servicing Legal Team. Key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the head of Legal in the review of new scheme documentation together with annual and ad-hoc changes to existing scheme documentation;
- Assuming primary responsibility for the review of documentation relating to the conduct of transactions for the acquisition, management and disposal of immovable property and will be required to take the legal lead on property transactions under the supervision of the Head of Legal for UK T&D;
- Taking responsibility for preparing and keeping up to date standard template legal agreements;
- Assisting with and ultimately leading contract negotiations and preparing and managing execution;
- Generally assisting the Head of Legal in legal matters in relation to the day-to-day trustee and depositary activities.
- Support the development of regulatory knowledge and expertise;
- Maintaining and keeping up to date numerous databases including an index of all legal documentation entered into by UK T&D, funds list and business change log;
- Assisting with negotiating legal agreements with view to ultimately taking ownership of negotiations and client facing interactions;
- Ensuring sufficient priority and focus is maintained on investor protection issues in all decisions, changes to processes and remedial actions.
The successful candidate will have at least 3 years PQE with a legal background and some Funds experience. Alternatively some experience in a legal role within financial services whether in-house or private practice. Some knowledge of FCA Rule books, AIFMD and UCITS Directives is beneficial.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.