Junior Corporate Counsel - Global Luxury Company.
Our client is a rapidly growing, fast-paced business looking for a Junior Corporate Counsel to join their collaborative team. You'll be able to get involved and have ownership in whichever aspects of the business you wish. The attorney will support the business by reviewing, managing, and negotiating agreements while ensuring that proper policies and procedures are in place to meet the commercial needs of the business while managing risk. The position will have reporting relationship with the Group's General Counsel overseas and be instrumental in obtaining advice from external law firms to provide expertise across a broad range of practice areas, including commercial, real estate, labor law, criminal/civil litigation, data/cyber, regulatory matters as well as mergers & acquisitions. The role is hybrid in their Fort Lauderdale office with several days in the office.
- Provide solution and business-oriented legal advice, support, counsel, representation and services to all functional areas of the company, including Retail, Marketing, HR, IT, Operations, and Finance
- Work closely with the business teams and senior management to understand the needs and strategic objectives of the company in order to provide high quality, pragmatic and focused legal advice and assist in responsibly growing the US business
- Providing regular updates to Group General Counsel and supporting with compliance on group policies and procedures (as appropriate)
- Draft, review, negotiate and provide guidance on a wide variety of agreements including, acquisition documents, confidentiality agreements, letters of intent, non-disclosure agreements, leases, construction contracts, service agreements as well as contractor/consultant/employment agreements ensuring both legal and business objectives are met
- Co-ordinate external advisers where appropriate and assist with managing external legal spend/budget
- Work with colleagues to continuously improve contract structure, governance and processes as well as implementation and adherence to best practices within both the Legal function and the Group
- Advise business units and support with training on regulatory matters such as anti-trust, anti-bribery, anti-money laundering and other business-related compliance issues
- Horizon-scanning -Periodically and proactively assess legal and compliance risk exposures for the business, and develop and implement risk mitigation initiatives including procedures, policies, and forms development
- Support compliance activities and implementation of appropriate remediation measures
- Monitor existing contracts using approved performance methodologies, tools, etc.; including identifying and recommending opportunities for improvement, reminders of renewals and notice periods, etc.
- Continuously strive for a deeper understanding of the organization and its unique needs in order to provide the most optimal evaluations and advice on a wide variety of legal matters
- Provide acquisition support, including due diligence on legal and regulatory matters
- Handle corporate formation and maintenance across the US including business licenses and related filings
- Liaising with third party providers (including BizFilings) to support on secretariat matters such as board/shareholder meetings and corporate filings
- Participate in various global corporate governance/compliance activities
- Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
- Interact with executive team members
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Juris Doctor Degree & Admission to a State Bar
- 2-5 years of legal experience
- project management experience
- previous in-house experience is preferred
- previous experience on international transactions/within a global organization preferred
- Retail or luxury experience is also preferred
The SR Group (US), Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.