This business is part of a leading group of companies underpinned by billions of dollars of yearly economic activity in Australia.
An exciting opportunity for a Corporate Counsel to become an integral member of a highly regarded Legal and Corporate Affairs team. Strong career progression opportunities to join this motivated legal team in Sydney. Working alongside a Senior Corporate Counsel but operating with a high degree of autonomy.
You will work with various teams within the business including IT, Operations, New Business and Information Services, Finance and HR.
You will have a solid background as a corporate/commercial lawyer who can work independently and has good project management experience.
A lawyer with strong relationship building qualities as well as drafting, negotiation, and advisory experience, giving advice and support to relevant senior stakeholders. You will have gained at least 3 years' experience in a corporate/commercial position from within a top-tier or mid-tier law firm and/or in-house legal experience.
- Providing general corporate legal advice to the business including contracting and corporate governance.
- Working with the Senior Corporate Counsel to lead the legal strategy to secure the objectives of the IT Roadmap.
- You will be responsible for drafting and negotiating service and licensing agreements with suppliers.
- Preparing board papers and reports for the Board's Audit and Risk Committee and updating the Committee on key developments in the business as required.
- Advising on privacy compliance and working with the business to maintain operational procedures that ensure the protection of personal information.
- Significant corporate/commercial advisory and contracts experience, with an interest in technology, IT, IP, privacy. A minimum of 3 years post-admission experience is required as this is an autonomous position.
- Strong stakeholder management and engagement skills.
- Quality experience (in private practice and/or in house).
- An understanding of regulated environments and experience dealing with regulators would be useful.
- Clear and persuasive written and spoken communication skills.
- Excellent ability to prioritise workflows and to drive projects forward.
To express your interest in this position please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Daniel Hogan on 02 9236 9000
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.taylorroot.com.au
Taylor Root is part of The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.