A leading organisation is looking to appoint a Commercial Legal Counsel in London. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing organisation where you can make a valuable contribution to the successful functioning of the legal team.
The role will primarily involve advising on all client-facing legal matters with a focus on commercial contracting and risk management. A key part of the role will be negotiating master services agreements with some of the organisations largest clients, often with an international element and frequently involving the use of technology.
Duties will include:
- Negotiating contracts with key clients (master services agreements, framework agreements, engagement letters, NDAs, hold harmless letters, reliance letters, etc.)
- Negotiating contracts with suppliers, subcontractors, resellers and strategic partners
- Supporting the client-facing teams and risk managers on legal queries
- Advising on the resolution of contractual disputes
- Developing subject matter expertise in relevant areas such as data protection law
- Delivering legal training and strategic projects.
The role may be suited to a UK qualified lawyer with around 1-5 years' PQE experience (though we'll consider any relevant experience). You will have experience of commercial and/or transactional legal work including supply and/or purchase of professional services, either from practising in a law firm or an inhouse legal function. Knowledge of SaaS and software licensing would be highly advantageous, knowledge of outsourcing and data protection law is desirable but not essential. Excellent time management skills and experience working In a busy environment Is essential. It is essential to be able to demonstrate a pragmatic solutions-based counsel and strong relationship building skills combined with excellent communication skills.
If the role is of interest, please get in touch!
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.