We have an exciting opportunity for a driven and experienced individual to get involved in advising our key sector clients on primarily non-contentious commercial and contractual media and sports rights issues including content distribution, sponsorship, media technology, content regulation, intellectual property.
Areas of focus will include:
- the packaging, sale, acquisition, production and exploitation of sports and other audiovisual and data rights, and associated financing and competition law issues
- sponsorship and other commercial partnerships
- sports and other event hosting arrangements
- working on international brand and rights exploitation in location-based entertainment
- DTC, e-commerce and other forms of online technology
- regulation of content, platforms and services
We do not set upper or lower limits of PQE for any of our vacancies. We have however given an indicative PQE as an approximate guide for applicants. Candidates who have between 2 and 6 years' PQE are likely to have the right level of knowledge and have gained the right level of experience needed to be able to successfully undertake this role.
The ideal candidate will:
- be a qualified Solicitor, ideally qualified in England & Wales or a Commonwealth jurisdiction;
- have sector experience and interest in the areas of focus above;
- have a strong academic record;
- have excellent attention to detail and ability to work accurately and under time pressure with detailed, industry-specialist documentation in a fast-moving commercial landscape;
- be solution-driven with excellent problem solving skills
- be reliable and have a professional manner; and
- have high standards of client service and responsiveness.
We know that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That's why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.