My client's top tier Employment & Safety team is hiring! They are seeking an Associate or Senior Associate to be based in Sydney, advising on all areas of employment, industrial relations, discrimination and work health and safety law.
The Employment & Safety team works closely with their clients to manage employment and safety risks, protect corporate reputation and promote their clients as employers of choice.
A Typical Day
The range of services provided by this Employment & Safety Group is varied. Your role within the team could typically include:
- managing disputes and litigation in tribunals and courts;
- advising on employment, industrial relations, discrimination and safety matters;
- managing large underpayment and other employment compliance reviews and regulatory matters;
- assisting clients with enterprise bargaining and managing industrial disputes;
- advising on restructuring and the employment aspects of corporate transactions;
- advising on safety compliance and response to safety incidents; and
- conducting or advising on workplace investigations.
What you'll bring
- Experience working in an employment and safety team, ideally at a large law firm, international law firm, boutique firm or an in-house position.
- A strong academic background.
- An ability to effectively manage matters.
- A willingness to participate in business development activities, such as pitch documents, firm-wide pursuits, attending industry events and hosting seminars.
- A desire and ability to grow, both as an employment and safety lawyer and leader.
- A strong team ethic.
- An ability to establish a professional profile and internal networks.
- A willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks.
- A willingness to build an understanding of clients and develop effective working relationships.
For more information or for a confidential discussion, please contact Alexandra Starke:
D: 02 0236 9076
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.taylorroot.com.au
Taylor Root is part of The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.