The role will involve advising on complex, multi-jurisdictional and high value disputes in relation to civil fraud including asset tracing, asset freezing orders, injunctions and third party disclosure orders. A significant amount of work will involve disputes conducted either fully or in part outside the UK, including in the Middle East, USA, India, Russia and offshore financial centres. The work is likely to be fast-paced and will involve sometimes working under high pressure.
- Ideally a newly qualified lawyer (NQ) with some experience of civil fraud gained within your training contract.
- A demonstrable passion for fraud litigation.
- Exposure to and experience of assisting applying for an obtaining injunctive relief.
- Strong academic record.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain complex information clearly and concisely.
- Excellent writing and drafting skills.
- Good teamwork skills and the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels are essential.
- Candidates are expected to be pro-active and take the initiative both in relation to the development of their development and their relationships with key clients/contacts.
Our core fraud team liaises with other key elements of the firm including:
- Fraud Criminal Law
- Fraud Defence
- Cyber Fraud
- Crypto-currency Fraud
- Our services include:
- Development of Fraud Prevention Plans.
- Tracing stolen assets in the UK and overseas.
- Worldwide asset freezing.
- Search and seizure orders worldwide.
- Regulatory issues.
- International enforcement of orders and judgments.
- Criminal complaints.
- Legality of investigative techniques.
- Insolvency and recoveries.
- Civil injunctions - including freezing orders, search orders and disclosure orders.
- Disciplinary investigation/sanctions by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
- Investigations by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs, professional regulators and Government bodies.
- Money laundering compliance issues.
- Restraint and confiscation proceeding.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.