Our client is a well-regarded Australian firm with strong relationships in the Asia Pacific region and is regarded as one of Asia Pacific's leading legal practices.
The Financial Services Regulations team is a very successful and high performing practice led by industry experts with extensive experience across financial services regulation, anti-money laundering (AML), corporate insurance and regulatory compliance. The team undertakes significant regulatory work for a diverse set of clients in the financial sector including national and global insurers, banks, wealth managers and fintech companies.
Due to significant practice growth, this specialist practice is seeking to grow the team and are open to hiring lawyers at the junior and senior level.
Lawyers, Associates and Senior Associates with the following attributes:
- Solicitor qualified in a Commonwealth jurisdiction (e,g, Australia, New Zealand, England & Wales, etc.)
- Experience in advising on financial services laws
- Experience in one (or more of) the following: wealth management (e.g. financial planning, funds, superannuation), life insurance, general insurance, banking & finance, payment systems, derivatives, licensing, anti-money laundering (AML), counter-terrorism financing (CTF), foreign exchange
- Preferably a corporate advisory background; however a lawyer with a contentious/litigation background looking transition into a regulatory advisory role would be considered
- Private practice experience preferable
- Strong analytical, technical drafting and communication skills
- Ability to negotiate commercial terms and to assist clients with making difficult decisions
- Demonstrated ability to form enduring relationships with peers, clients and industry experts
If you are interested in applying for this position or would like to find out more, please contact me for a confidential discussion.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.taylorroot.com.au
Taylor Root is part of the The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.