Taylor Root is seeking a paralegal to join the legal team of an UK based international ship finance/management corporation.
This role supports the Head of Legal (Finance) with day to day transaction management and administration for new and existing ship finance transactions. You will undertake managing the KYC procedure loan documentation process, account mandate processes and general legal support as may be required for the group. Key responsibilities will also include
- Direct contact with counterparties, shipping and corporate registries and legal counsel.
- Assisting with flag changes and vessel/security swaps.
- Organisation and collection of conditions precedent for closing and drawdown under new and existing financings.
- Preparation of corporate authorities.
- Instructing overseas legal counsel to prepare legal opinions and review documentation.
- Liaising with ship registries in order to register/release ship security and attending closing meetings.
Candidates must hold a legal degree or legal conversion course and two years' experience as a paralegal in a leading firm or relevant shipping company.
To discuss this in more detail please send a current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.